Saturday, January 29, 2011

The ABC's of Sophia's First Year

As promised I'm posting pics of one of the scrapbooks I made digitally. I wanted to do this one digitally because I wanted a copy for myself, but also wanted both sets of grandparents to have a copy as a Christmas present.
Basically, I got this idea when she was about 6 months old and so I started making a list of all the things she liked, things she did, people in her life and events etc and kept adding to that list all year long. Then I'd start collecting photos to go with those words.
Here's the cover.

This page is the opening page.






This was my first attempt at digital scrapbooking and I really enjoyed it. But I think that's because I worked on it for about 7 or 8 months. With my most recent attempt at a digital scrapbook, I had a deadline and only had about 2 weeks to work on it. So my advice if you're going to do it is give yourself plenty of time, otherwise it's not enjoyable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I want to see the book when I come over.
Tricia

Unknown said...

Oh I sure like this! I made one for Mike on Shutterfly- It was going to be my free book, but they did not push it through in time- now waiting for a coupon to have it printed. It is not near as nice as yours. I think this is such a nice gift and will really make learning letters meaningful. But, dang it looks like a toon of work!