Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Name Decoration

This idea is from a while back. I saw this idea on Sisters Stuff. And was motivated to make one for Sophia's room.

I painted wooden plaques from Hobby Lobby white, then applied scrapbook papers that matched her room using modge podge.

Then I painted wooden letters from Hobby Lobby white and hot glued them to the plaques.

Last but not least, I staple gunned ribbon that I tied in a bow to the back.

And finally, I got Russell to hang them up. Otherwise, there would have been a million holes in the wall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorites of all your creations. It's personal and whimsical and sweet.
Tricia

Lori said...

I saw them in the back of another post/ pic you did and was wondering how you did it, great idea!

RS. Originals said...

Thanks! Love these! I am going to make some for Natalie after we move.

Unknown said...

beautiful... lots of kids have their names up in their rooms or nursery but I have never seen it like this!