I layed them out on the floor to play with the configuration.
Then I painted them white.
Next, I added the chicken wire. I've seen other people do this on blogs and it seemed like the perfect solution for being able to change out the artwork and be able to hang canvases and paper pieces.
You just need wire cutters and a staple gun to attach the chicken wire.
Then I took them outside and spray painted them with a gloss white to make sure the chicken wire matched the frames (as seen on my other blog The Kaminski Chronicles).
Next up, since the frames were very worn and imperfect, I decided to use some course sandpaper and distress them.
Here's how I hung the canvas above.
I used a sawtooth hanger and a S hook.
I used clothespins that I spray painted white to hang the paper pieces.
Eventually, the frames will be hung in our office on a big empty wall, but for now, this is where they sit. Russell says he's not hanging them until the grass grows back that I killed when I spray painted my frames.
The good news is that I'm seeing some green return already. Hopefully, my gallery will be hung up by Christmas. :)