Sunday, November 6, 2011

We Give Thanks....

Time to decorate for Thanksgiving! I put away all of the Halloween stuff away and got going on creating something new for Thanksgiving.
Here's my banner. I used some fun fabrics that I got at Joann's and on line. I attached them to pieces of burlap and sewed them in place. I used my Cricut to cut the letters out of felt. Then, I attached each piece to the jute string that I already had one hand, added some ribbon and Viola!
A Thanksgiving Day banner.

I made the Gobble pieces at The Little Blue House. But to do it at home, its just squares and rectangles of tag board for the backing, then fabric, then recipe book pages cut size. The letters were done on a Cricut and have glossy accents on top. The blocks they are attached to are just 2 x4's cut into different heights. Then were covered in pages from books with modge podge. They used tacks that you use for tacking furniture to have something to hang the tags from.



I also made this frame to hang up leaves that will eventually have things we are thankful for on each one. It's just an old frame that I got at Goodwill, spray paint, chicken wire and a staple gun.

You can see the chicken wire better here. I got mini-clothespins from Hobby Lobby and spray painted them the same color as the frame.

I saw these fabric pumpkins on Pinterest and then linked to the blog for a tutorial. They were actually very easy. Here's the link for the  fabric pumpkin tutorial.

I found the candles at Hobby Lobby in the clearance section.

Next, up. My spray painting experiments. I cut varying widths of vinyl with my paper cutter (that I use for cutting scrapbook paper, not my Cricut). I attached them to the glass and spray painted them.

I also experimented with an illuminated Give Thanks, but I need better illumination. These tea lights just aren't strong enough.

A friend let me borrow her Speaking of Fall Cricut cartridge and so I was able to cut a pilgrim man and woman.

And finally, the wreath. I made this last year. I got a grapevine wreath. I tied short pieces of ribbon around it. Attached some fallish foliage. Used glitter glue to paint the tops of clothespins and attached leaves with what we're thankful for, the big ones, family, food, health etc.



WHEWWW!!!!! I'm tired. Now to go take a nap.

Linking up with:

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful! I feel like I'm in a fall wonderland with all of those great colors. The gobble letters are my favorite.
Tricia

donna said...

You never cease to amaze me

Unknown said...

That banner is amazing!!! I love it!! Everything looks so pretty- you have such a way with patterns and colors!

Unknown said...

I adore that banner and the mantle is lovely! Well done!!

~Shelly~ said...

How cute, love it all!! Very creative :)
(Over from Kelly's Korner)

Carrie said...

So crafty!

Unknown said...

I love all the colors you use and your fabrics are beautiful.. Your banner is just great. Thanks for liking up to the 52 Mantel Fall Mantel link up.
Lizzie Jane Baby

joyh82 said...

love your banner and wreath. Very cute decorations!

Redfly Classroom said...

Nicely done! I love all the variety from the gobble blocks to the give thanks banner. So fun.

Melissa
redflycreations.blogspot.com

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

I love how colorful this is! And that leaf specimen art is fabulous! Just wanted to let you know that I am doing a round up post on Fall Mantels tomorrow and yours is included!

Crystelle said...

Your garland is probably the cutest thanksgiving garland I've seen to date!
happy Thanksgiving!

hugs ~ Crystelle

Unknown said...

Love the banner! Thanks for sharing!

Monica said...

I love these! I'm hosting Thanksgiving for the first time this year and have no decorations...I might have to make some of these!

Unknown said...

I shared your darling and festive mantel on my CraftOManiac Facebook page. I love it. P.S. I may be mistaken but I didn't see COM-Mond. linked up anywhere. Thanks a bunch, jen

Unknown said...

You did an amazing job. I absolutely love the colors you choose. Thank you for sharing at my Our Favorite Things Link Party.

Steph Zerbe said...

Oh my goodness! What a fun filled, crafty post! AMAZING pumpkins! I must check out that tutorial! And the banner... heck the entire mantle is to die for. So fabulous!

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

I love the graland! The combination of burlap and the fabrics you chose is perfect!

Katherines Corner said...

a lovely Autumn creation, love it all.I am honored to see my blog button on your right sidebar. Thank you for joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Happy Tuesday wishes xo P.S. sorry I'm so late visiting :-)

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Love your decorating style - we have that in common! I think I'll make a banner similar to yours.
JoAnn

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

This is so charming! LOVE the bright colors and patterns of your banner. Great job putting this together! I'm including this in a 5 for Friday: Thanksgiving Mantels roundup on my blog this week, with one pic and a link back to this post : )

Lindsay Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

Love your decor and the colors you've used! You did an amazing job!

I featured you at Artsy Corner this week, so stop by and grab a featured button! :)

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

So pretty! I'd love for you to link this up to Do Something Crafty Friday: http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/11/do-something-craft-65/

Katherine said...

How fun and festive! Thanks for sharing your thankful mantel!

Kelly @ Here Comes the Sun said...

I LOVE your decorating style. Your mantel garland is my favorite. And those Gobble blocks are too cute. Thanks so much for sharing at my Thanksgiving Link Party. I'll be featuring you tomorrow.

Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

Love the banner. You have a lovely mantle :) Thanks for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

Sarah said...

Your mantel turned out so cute! I especially like your banner. You are being featured today.

http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/11/pintastic-monday-17.html#.UKpItqD4K3c

KC said...

What a fun project! I am thinking about making a similar one for Valentine's Day - just need to get some burlap :)