Friday, April 6, 2012

For the Love of Spray Paint

Oh spray paint, who do I love thee. Let me count the ways

Just wanted to make a post about spray paint because it's changed my life. It is the easiest solution to a color correction problem. Now when I'm buying things, I think about what color I can turn it into.
So I found this birdhouse on sale,e at Joann's for less than $3. I found the spray paint on sale for $2.97 at Joann's (so I bought it knowing I'd use it for something). When I got home and put the birdhouse on the mantle,  I didn't like the lack of contrast. It just didn't "pop".



So I opted to use my clearance spray paint and paint it blue. Now it "pops".

I found this lantern in the Joann's clearance section, and knew I loved "the bones" of the piece but the color was wrong for my dining/living room.



I can't remember the exact color but I think it was Krylon and oil rubbed something....I really wanted black but I didn't have it on hand.

But it looks perfect on my cherry red shelving unit .


And then again, sometimes, things just don't work out. I received this beauty via a gift exchange at my teacher friends Caddo camping trip. I just knew that if spray painted solid white, with pink candles, it would be perfect for Sophia's room. Unfortunately I didn't consider the wind when I spray painted. So it got blown across our backyard and  broke.

Oh, well. At least it was free.....so watch out for the wind.

I found this super cute frame that you hang pics on at Canton but after I hung it up it just did nothing for the wall.

I had some left over turquoise spray paint so I sprayed it. Now it feels right to me.


Next  up, I had this country wreath looking thang ( got it in Granbury many moons ago, I wanna say prior to Jack, even). But I loved the texture of the piece. So I stuck it my crafty closet.



I had found some clearance spray paint at Joann's ( when they say clearance, good luck getting it to work).  But after much frustration, I was able to finish the wreath and add it to the Spring Mantle.




Oh and that window was also a Canton find. A little spray paint and it feels new!

 I must say, adding a little paint to something makes it feel like it doesn't have all the germs, dust, wear and tear, etc. It makes it feel fresh and new!
Happy spray painting!

3 comments:

Allison said...

I ADORE painting too! Love all of these things - your mantle is so well loved!

Unknown said...

It all looks fantastic!! I would have never thought about painting the wreath... looks like pottery barn to me!

Sump Pump Installation Goodyear said...

Loved reading this thannk you