Saturday, April 27, 2013

It's All in the Detailz!

Introducing the new product from Lifestyle Crafts called Detailz. They are part of their die cutting  line. What makes them unique is you can use it to die cut the shape or you can cut the shape and emboss it at the same time. I got to try the Doilies. They work with Lifestyle Crafts machines, but also work with Cuttlebug and most Sizzix machines.

I decided to make a thank you card. I began by cutting a 6 1/2 x 10 piece of scrapbook paper and I folded it in half.

I say it works with most Sizzix products because I have the Texture Boutique and had to play around with it to get it to work. I layered several pieces of the letter press papers and one of my embossing folders to get it to work. But after several attempts I got a nice doilie shape with the embossed design. 

The die set is metal and comes with three different doilies.



Next I used my scraps and found a chevron paper that I love. I used my edging tool to cut the bottom of it and inked the edges with black ink.

Then I layered some washi tape on top.

Then I inked the doilie so you can see the embossed design more and layered it under the washi tape. 

I used my Cricut to cut the word Thanks out of the same orange paper as the doilie. 

Now to decide who I want to Thank! 
Thanks Lifestyle Crafts for allowing me to try the Doilie dies!

No comments: