Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Washi Tape Round.....

Well, Round 2 of One Crafty Contest is over. And I made it to the next round. Thank you to all of those that took the time to vote!
 


The material for Round 2 was washi tape. What is washi tape you may ask?
 
Here's a definition I googled.
 
 "The best way we can describe washi tape is that it feels like masking tape — very, very pretty masking tape. It's made of paper, but is not as delicate as you would expect. Plus, it comes in patterns and designs that will make even the most dedicated crafters swoon and varying widths to allow you to create some fun and intricate washi tape designs.
Washi tape is typically made from natural fibers, such as bamboo or hemp, but most commonly from the bark of trees that are native to Japan — the mulberry, the mitsumata shrub or the gampi tree. Most washi tapes are strong (as strong as duct tape in some cases!) and functional as well as pretty, making them wonderful for both everyday and decorative use".
 

When I heard the next challenge material was washi tape, I’ll admit I was a little intimidated. I have very little experience with it. As I began to brainstorm for ideas, I remembered a birdhouse that I purchased a while back and have been waiting to embellish. It was plain white and just plain boring. But I added the reddish geometric, teal damask and black polka washi tapes to add a lot of contrast and now it just “pops” with character. My birdhouse is no longer plain boring.
So here is my washi tape birdhouse.
 





You just have to make sure you line up the patterns (much like sewing).






Our next material is glitter. Not sure I'm ready for glitter or rather....not sure Russell is ready for Erin and glitter.
Linking Up With These Great Blogs:

Alderberry Hill,      Tutus and Tea Parties,      The Rustic Pig Designs,      Or So She Says,      My 1929 Charmer,      Super Handmade Sunday @ A Cat- Like Curiosity,      Lil' Luna          Craft Geek,      Simple As That,       House on the Way,      Sassy Sites,      Mindy May's Market,   Skip To My Lou,        Sugar Bee Crafts,      Cheap Crafty Mama,      Be Different, Act Normal,   Homemaker In Heels,     The Busy Bee's,      Fireflies and Jellybeans,    The Shabby Creek Cottage,     30 Handmade Days,     52 Mantels,     The Shabby Nest,     Lovely Crafty Home,  See Vanessa Craft,     Blissful Bucket List,     Bacon Time With The Hungry Hypo,     Lena B, Actually,     Pocket Full of Pink,     Family Ever After,      I Heart Naptime,     Six Sisters Stuff,  Nifty Thrifty Things,     Homemaker on a Dime,     Under The Table and Dreaming,     Flamingo Toes,    It's Overflowing,    Ivy And Elephants,    Clean and Scentsible,    Creations by Kara,     Tip Junkie,      Love and Laundry,      Create. Craft. Love.,     Sarah Dawn Designs,     One Artsy Mama,      Tatertots and Jello,     The Grant Life,     The Hubby Made Me,     Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons,       The Chiffon Diary,     Manic Mother,     The Thriftiness Miss,     Say Not Sweet Anne,     Becoming Martha,     Too Much Time On My Hands,     Destination Craft,     The Dedicated House,      Katherine's Corner,   C.R.A.F.T.,    Fluster Buster,     Nap Time CreationsThe Mandatory MoochLamberts Lately


1 comment:

srpprcrftr said...

Quite an improvement on a plain old boring white birdhouse. Hope it helps you get to next stage. You did a super job with washi tape. I've never used it but if I had to do what you did on the roof, it wouldn't look like it does now, it'd be all over the place. My eyes are getting too tired for projects like that.
Glad you were able to get it so nicely straight. It looks fantastic. Happy days and good luck