Saturday, December 28, 2013

Recipe Boxes

I was trying to think of other ideas to add to my kitchen collections and when I saw several plain wooden boxes at Target, I knew exactly what I wanted to make....recipe boxes. Pair it with a set of my kitchen tea towels and they make the perfect wedding or housewarming gift.
 
So I just spray painted them (one blue and one brown). I used my E6000 glue to attach an old spoon and old fork to the front.
 

Then I made the recipe cards using a recipe card stamp and a journal stamp. The recipe cards are made from double sided scrapbook paper. I printed the stamps on solid papers that coordinated with the patterned papers and glued one side that has the recipe stamp and the other side has the journal paper for notes or extra space for the recipe.




Here's the brown box.




The blue one has already sold but if I find anymore of these boxes, I'll be making more.

No comments: